I am currently pursuing Master’s in Data Science at EPFL where I do research on reasoning at NLP Lab and AI lab. Previously, I have been software/ML engineer, co-founder/entrepreneur and have 5+ years of experience in areas ranging from semiconductors to AI. I am also a proud University of Waterloo alumnus.
My interests broadly lie within the nature of robust artificial intelligence, language, cognitive science and mind. Currently, I am exploring neurosymbolic AI, reasoning, compositionality, abstraction/analogy, linguistically motivated NLP and knowledge-driven, cognitive-model-based AI.
- kogito: A Commonsense Knowledge Inference Toolkit. Preprint. Mete Ismayilzada, Antoine Bosselut. [paper] [demo] [code] [docs]
- Master’s in Data Science. EPFL. Switzerland. 2021-Present.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science. University of Waterloo. Canada. 2012-2016.
- Student Assistant. Applied Data Analysis. EPFL. Fall 2022.
- Research Assistant. Artificial Intelligence Lab. EPFL. Fall 2022.
- Research Intern. Sony Inc. Tokyo, Japan. 2022.
- Software/ML Engineer. integrate.ai. Toronto, Canada. 2019-2021.
- Co-founder/CTO. Destin AI. Toronto, Canada. 2017-2019.
- Software Engineer. Bluecat Networks. Toronto, Canada. 2017-2018.
- Software Engineer. Cisco Systems. Ottawa, Canada. 2016-2017.
- Software Engineer Intern. Freescale Semiconductors. Ottawa, Canada. Summer 2015.
- Software Developer Intern. TD Securities. Toronto, Canada. Summer 2014.
- Mini-Pytorch. From scratch implementation of (mini) pytorch autograd and several core modules. [code]
- Words and Personalities. Personality analysis based on quotes. [demo] [code]
- Differentially Private Random Forest Classifier. [code]
- From Words to Vectors. Towards Data Science. Medium. [link]
In my free time, I like to read, bike, play piano and watch (usually long) international arthouse films.
- mismayilza [at] gmail [dot] com